Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
National industry leader in Human Capital Management is seeking an IT Technical Writer for a 6 month contract opportunity with potential for extension. This Technical Writer must have experience documenting software processes and hardware infrastructures. The individual does not need to write code but must understand it at a high level. The individual will be responsible for gathering the information from subject matter experts and document the Enterprise Architecture.
Submit resume to Amie Wareing, email@example.com, for consideration
The Polycom Technical Communications Group is seeking a contract technical writer who will be responsible for planning and creating technical product documentation. This documentation must effectively communicate conceptual, reference, and procedural system information for the Polycom video conferencing and video content management products; such as deployment, integration, configuration, administration, installation, and upgrade information.
- Work with a cross-functional team of local and remote subject matter experts (system and sales engineers; product, QA and support engineers; program and product managers; writers) to plan, write, and edit topical information while meeting project requirements and schedules
- Conform to document creation and control processes and established quality and style standards. Work with standard templates to ensure documentation is Polycom-branded, compliant, approved, and released.
- Two- to five-years of experience writing a spectrum of technical information for hardware, software, and/or networking products and solutions.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and professional energy.
- Skilled at using Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, RoboHelp, and MS Office.
- Skilled at using standard technical writing tools (for example, Adobe FrameMaker and Acrobat) and standard office tools (MS Office)
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience creating telecommunications documentation
- Experience creating graphics and technical illustrations
- Experience creating topic-based information for single-sourcing and repurposing
- Experience with structured authoring and DITA/XML and/or transitioning to structured authoring and DITA/XML
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Barbara Gstalder at firstname.lastname@example.org
Top Three Skills:
Word (use of word with predefined templates), sales writing (features and benefits) and technical writing (ability to work with technical network engineers to gather content).
Working with Cisco’s Global Proposals Team, the Writer will support the services sales team, crafting content for Services Specifications and Proposals. In this fast-paced, deadline-driven atmosphere, this professional must be able to work effectively with virtual team members while demonstrating precision and self-sufficiency for following processes. In this role you will have an opportunity to shape and influence one of the largest repositories of sales content for Cisco’s global partner sales community.
Create new content from scratch and rewrite as needed.
work from home. ability to work with various timezones and with virtual teams. • Sales/marketing writing with technology experience (rather than tech writing)
Who is the Internal/External Customer:
The customer is services sales teams
Impact to the Internal/External Customer:
By hiring this person, the group will be able to keep up with the demand of their sales teams so they can respond to more deals. The more deals they respond to, the greater the opportunity is to land more deals.
Looking to support their teams better in order to land more deals
<work from home and the ability to work for one of the top technology companies in the area.
Excellent communication skills. The team is remote so being able to effectively lead people via the phone or teleconferencing software such as webex will be important. Someone needs to have a great eye for detail. The content is used by services sales teams so they can have the most up to date content to help them sell Cisco solutions/products. Person needs to be very strong in Microsoft word 2010 and have a strong understanding of word styles and templates. Person needs to be comfortable working with little direction, be comfortable working remotely and working in peer review sessions. Open to critical feedback. Leadership background would be a plus. Person needs to be able to handle vague concepts and be adaptable and flexible as this area can be ever changing and moving.Contact Whitney Parker to apply.