Updated: October 8th, 2014 02:07 PM (MT)
Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
Job Description: IT Technical Writer III
Company: Kaztronix (with a Global Telecom Company)
Location: Denver, CO
This is a contract position (W2) with the possibility of extension
Responsibilities include maintenance of internal documentation library, providing and/or coordinating special documentation services as required, and oversight of special projects. Must have strong organizational and project management skills and excellent writing and editing skills.
- Creation and maintenance of IT documentation.
- Translates technical and/or complicated information into clear, concise documents appropriate for various target audiences.
- Works with Development, Quality Assurance and Technical Support to produce a wide variety of technical publications including instructional materials, technical manuals, product documentation and the like for use by both the IT and business community.
- Interviews subject matter experts and technical staff to collect information, prepare written text, and coordinate layout and material organization.
- Researches information such as drawings, design reports, equipment and test specifications to fill any gaps.
- Reviews, critiques, and edits documentation including design documents, programmer notes and system overviews.
- Requires knowledge of company product lines and document structure. Depending on the industry/work environment, such documents may include various media, including written and video.
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Technical Writing, Business Administration, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically has 2 - 4+ years of business or technical writing experience and working knowledge of multiple software, and Agile environment, and graphics packages.
Interested candidates please send resumes to Technical Recruiter at Kaztronix: email@example.com