Updated: July 7th, 2015 08:47 AM (MT)
Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
Position Type: Contract (W2/1099)
Position: Technical Writer
Company: Jeppesen (through Colorado Resource Solutions)
Job location: Englewood, CO
- Plans, designs, researches, writes and maintains print and electronic product documentation to help external and internal customers use the product.
- Understands and communicates product purpose and use at an audience-appropriate level.
- Create user manuals, quick start guides; online help systems, tutorials, technical support guides, and computer based training systems.
- Demonstrates leadership in the development and design of instructional and informational tools needed to assure safe, appropriate, and effective use of Company technology, intellectual property, and manufactured products and services.
- Works with cross-functional teams to determine documentation needs and schedules, and creates documentation plans.
- Works to plan to meet all scheduled deliverables.
- Adjusts to changing documentation needs, priorities, and program schedules.
- Combines multimedia knowledge and strong communication skills with technical expertise to educate across the entire spectrum of users’ abilities, technical experience, and visual and auditory capabilities.
- Negotiates approaches with Product Managers regarding the content structure, design, and dissemination of information to project stakeholders.
- Contributes to departmental best practices, including style issues, document organization, configuration management, tools, and procedures.
- Participates in the software design stages to help identify and resolve gaps between requirements, technical design, and to improve understanding and navigation within the software.
- Performs problem analysis and ensures that documentation necessary for problem resolution is available in a timely manner for Company’s Global Support Control Center (GSCC).
- May mentor lower level Technical Writers.
- 5-8 years experience with topic-based Authoring
- 5-8 years experience with instructional design
- 5-8 years experience with content management systems
Interested candidates please send resumes to email@example.com for consideration.
CRS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER (M/F/V/D)
Position: Senior Technical Communicator
Company: Emerson Micro Motion, Inc. - Boulder, CO
Job location: Remote
Primary Objective of Position:
With minimal supervision, develop, maintain and publish technical content to create installation manuals, configuration manuals, Product Data Sheets (PDSs) and other types of technical documentation to support new product releases and other updates for a global audience. Work with technical resources in multiple departments to become a subject matter expert on our products and content. Author task-based content independently in XML using the DITA data model, defined information architecture guidelines and best practices for reuse across multiple outputs. Proactively provide input into improving the authoring and publishing system and processes, and provide expertise in translation processing and troubleshooting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Create new and revise existing technical documentation deliverables such as installation manuals, configuration manuals, PDSs, quick start guides and other document types. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of Micro Motion products and content.
- Using customer personas, scenarios and tasks, create content in topics that are task-focused and set up for reuse using information architecture guidelines. Author and publish XML content using DITA, XMetaL and the CCMS system. Also author content in FrameMaker for PDSs and legacy content.
- Develop and manage schedules for deliverables including appropriate milestones and project deadlines. Scope hours to create content and provide updates to team on project status, issues and/or potential delays in project work.
- Author with an eye towards leveraging content for other customer deliverables such as mobile, apps, online help, videos and other outputs. Follow established guidelines and/or create guidelines.
- Develop and maintain content for delivery to the Online Store.
- Provide proofreading, reviewing and editing assistance to the technical documentation team and other department members.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
- Proven experience working in XML, DITA, XMetaL and some type of CCMS.
- Experience authoring content using a task-based and reuse approach. Ability to analyze how content changes or additions affect the entire library of content.
- Proficiency in FrameMaker, a graphics program such as Illustrator, Visio and Adobe Professional.
- Work independently and also collaboratively with a team of writers and subject matter experts globally.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Skilled at creativity and technical learning, with a customer focus and drive for results.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and changing priorities/deadlines.
- Knowledge of writing for translation and translation experience nice to have.
7-10 years of experience as a technical writer.
B.A. or B.S. in English, technical communication or a related field preferred.
Interested candidates please send resume to Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Position Title: Technical Writer
Company Name: LenderLive
Job Location: Denver, CO
LenderLive is looking for a contract tech writer to fulfill a 3-6 month assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The writer will document process and procedures for up to 90 process throughout LLN’s Loan Servicing division.
An emphasis will be placed on identifying potential breakdowns in the process and building remedies into the documentation.
Interested candidates please send examples of previous work, resumes, and salary requirements to Laurie.Craig@lenderlive.com.
Classification of Position: (W2, 1099, Sole Proprietorship, S Corporation, LLC, Partnership)
Position Title: Technical Writer
Company Name: Exclusive Client of Clarity Consultants
Job Location: Centennial, CO
We are working exclusively with our client in identifying a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Centennial, CO. It is a full time position for 3 months with a possible extension for up to a year long project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are looking to identify a Technical Writer that will redo approximately 250 technical drawings and documents that are currently out of date. In this role, you will create new documents and network diagrams and then upload them into the appropriate places within the already existing system. Much of the content is already in place. Our client isn’t looking for a lot of change to the actual content, but rather a focus on updating the appearance and format of the content.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Technical Writer
- Technical drawing documentation experience -network architecture design drawings, logical connectivity drawings, datacenter circuit port assignment documentation, and logical network drawings.
- 3+ years’ experience with MS Visio
- Telecommunications experience
- AutoCAD experience is preferred
- Background check and drug test required if selected
To be considered for this project, please send an email to email@example.com with the following:
1) Your resume
2) Respond to each bullet point listed under “Experience Requirements” with your relevant skills and experience.
Please include reference#7976 in the subject line