Updated: April 18th, 2015 08:13 AM (MT)
Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
Position Title: Technical Writer
Company Name: Visa Inc.
Job Location: Highlands Ranch, CO
Visa Inc. has an opening for a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Highlands Ranch, CO. This is a fulltime position.
- Work semi-independently to research subject matter and obtain and exchange information.
- Create and maintain project schedule(s).
- Represent the writing team in planning and review meetings with project cross-functional stakeholders.
- Communicate status of project to team members, clients and departmental management.
- Proactively escalate problems and issues as needed.
- Multi-task and prioritize a moderate amount of concurrent assignments.
- Perform moderately difficult analysis of existing documentation for impacts and update them accordingly.
- Write new documentation.
- Manage and store master documentation files, complete quality artifacts, update metrics, and implement other processes as described in the department procedures guide.
- May also perform technical tasks to support TCS technical staff and developers in maintaining and enhancing publishing tools, systems, and templates.
- An undergraduate degree in Information Systems, English, Journalism, Communications, or related technology focused field.
- 3 or more years of technical writing or related experience.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the rules of composition and grammar.
- Highly driven, enthusiastic, eager, collaborative, and resourceful.
- Strong customer service, analytical, research, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of MS-Office products for Windows including Word, Excel, Visio and SharePoint.
- Strong ability to collaborate with multicultural teams across the globe.
- Knowledgeable with Visa systems or applications. (highly preferred)
- Experienced with graphics editing software such as Illustrator, Photoshop, PaintShop Pro, and Web design tools (Wiki, SharePoint Designer, Nintex Workflow). (preferred)
- Familiar with advanced authoring software (Adobe FrameMaker, Acrobat, and RoboHelp), XML editing tools (Arbortext Editor), document repositories (Documentum). (preferred)
- Writing samples are required to demonstrate proficiency with written and verbal communication for both business and technical audiences.
- A written evaluation will be given to final candidates.
Interested candidates should apply online at http://usa.visa.com/careers/index.jsp. Keyword search: 151685
Position Title: Universal Instructional Design Consultant
Company Name: University of Colorado Boulder
Job Location: Boulder, CO USA
The University of Colorado Boulder has an opening for a Universal Instructional Design Consultant. This opportunity is located in Boulder, CO. This is a full time position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Universal Instructional Design Consultant advises faculty through consulting and educational workshops on how to integrate principles of Universal Design for Instruction (UDI) into digital course materials and applications, advises campus digital content creators on best practices for creating usable and accessible content, keeps the Chief Digital Accessibility Officer (CDAO) position informed about the areas within his/her span of its control, and responds to requests for information, consultation and/or work product from the CDAO in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field, such as education, educational technology, instructional design, educational psychology, technical communication, applied linguistics, or other degree with equivalent experience.
• 2 years of experience in universal/usable/accessible instructional design and consulting.
• 1 year of experience teaching or delivering trainings/workshops.
See the job description and apply, if interested, at https://www.jobsatcu.com/postings/98100
Job Listing #1: SHORT TERM CONTRACT — PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICAL WRITER
Job Listing #2: FULL-TIME PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION WRITER
(We have an immediate need to fill the temporary assignment of SHORT TERM CONTRACT — PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICAL WRITER. We are also considering opportunities for creating a new FULL-TIME PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION WRITER position within our Technical Communications Team in the 3rd of 4th 2015 quarter. If you are interested in one or both of these opportunities, please see the contact information at the end of this listing.)
Company: GE ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS/MONITORING SOLUTIONS
Location: BOULDER, COLORADO
GE ANALYTICAL INSTRUMENTS has a temporary (3-6 months) assignment opening for an ONSITE, full-time Technical Writer and expert Frame Maker User. You will be responsible for updating Operation and Maintenance Manuals (O&M) and Quick Start Guides (QSG) for internal and external end-users. Additionally, you may be asked to create a new O&M and QSG using our established templates, format, and styles.
This position requires an experienced communicator who understands and excels at investigating technical product changes (both mechanical and firmware) made by our technical engineering teams, and who can then evaluate how these changes need to be implemented into the current documentation. We need a creative team member to define, initiate, and manage required tasks for creating multiple deliverables. We also need a professional who can implement and lead timely document review cycles, with a willingness to be persistent and creative to ensure schedules are met.
• Ability to work onsite in our Boulder location
• Expert FrameMaker skills
• Experience creating and/or maintaining Operation Manuals
• Strong knowledge and/or training of technical writing composition and styles
• Ability to define, track, and report documentation tasks
• Ability to work positively within both product team and documentation team environments
• Experience or willingness to learn photo optimization with PhotoShop
Contact Information (E-MAILS ONLY, PLEASE):
If you are interested in the SHORT TERM CONTRACT — PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICAL WRITER opportunity, please send a brief e-mail summarizing how your skills and experience meet the responsibilities and qualifications outlined in this notice, along with your resume and desired hourly rate to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide complete responses only for prompt consideration.
For interests in ONLY the FULL TIME PRODUCT INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICAL WRITER position, please refer back to this STC/RMC website for a formal posting or contact email@example.com for posting