Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
About the position:
Rocket Software is looking for a dynamic, energetic Technical Writer to join our vibrant, global team of Information Developers. This contributor, based in Denver, will bring creativity and enthusiasm for new technologies to our U2 products. An ideal candidate enjoys the challenge of working closely with team members from many disciplines and developing and continually striving to improve the quality of our product documentation.
· Write, edit, manage, and publish documentation including user’s guides, online help, release notes, and technical notes for parts of our U2 Servers product line.
· Attend product planning and development meetings.
· Participate with the development team in the planning, specification, and testing phases of the product life cycle
· Work with subject matter experts and use the U2 software to learn about the products and update the documentation accordingly
· Use Arbortext Editor, FrameMaker, Acrobat X Pro, and Robohelp to author documentation
· Bring fresh, innovative ideas on how to best provide product information to our customers.
· Contribute to user task analysis and synthesize complex technical information for end users.
· Create splash screens and product setup menus for U2 products.
· Bachelor’s degree in Technical Communications, Journalism, English, or a technical discipline is required.
· Interested in learning new technology
· Self-motivated, detail-oriented and possess excellent time management and organizational skills.
· Can meet strict deadlines and handle multiple assignments simultaneously
· Demonstrates an understanding of basic technical writing principles including topic-based writing
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Ability to take training and feedback, and incorporate them into daily writing
· Team-player attitude and approach to work
· Strong listening and communication skills
· Ability to multitask and prioritize
· Certificate or degree in Technical Writing
· Knowledge of DITA and Arbortext
· Experience writing application software end-user documentation
Apply through the website.
We are looking for a mid-level technical writer to help with documenting Cherwell Service Management software. Write clear, concise, and compelling overviews/procedures for user guides, on-line help, and technical notes. Develop and maintain company templates. Maintain and enforce company Style Guide. Manage content in a single-source database. Participate in document control (revisioning). This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a dynamic team environment.
• Produce informative graphics and screenshots to help illustrate complex concepts.
• Develop and maintain company templates (MS Office).
• Develop and maintain company Style Guide.
• Format and edit documents in MS Word.
• Manage content in a single-source database (Author-it).
• Participate in document control (revisioning).
• 3-5 years of technical writing/editing experience.
• Experience with single sourcing, help authoring, and software procedural writing.
• Experience with MS Office, especially MS Word/MS Word styles.
• BA/BS in Technical Writing, English, or Journalism.
• Excellent organizational, writing, editing, and formatting skills.
• Ability to ingest complex concepts and turn them into easy-to-understand procedures and overviews.
• Ability to develop training scenarios that string together procedures in an innovative and engaging way.
• Proactive attention to detail/consistency (terminology, formatting, structure).
• Ability to work independently and with little guidance.
• Innate curiosity for how things work.
• Experience with Cherwell Service Management or other help desk software
• Familiarity with the IT industry, ITIL V.3, and other related standards
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client located downtown has an opening for a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Denver, CO. This is a 6 month contract position that may extend.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Our client will need a mid-senior level resource which can provide support in their PMO and on their BI team. Within the PMO, this is specific to helping document our Processes to keep the rollout of our Project Delivery Lifecycle (PDL) moving forward while we are doing a product upgrade for their PPM Tool.
Must have experience with MS Office and Visio
Writing samples are required!
Interested candidates please send resumes to Sean Fordyce at email@example.com for consideration.
Brooksource has a Technical Writer position available that can be either Contract-to-hire or Direct hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position is a key part of our IT Security and Compliance departments, and we are looking to fill this position quickly.
The IT Compliance Business Process Analyst contributes to the success of the IT Compliance and IT Security departments by capturing information about our business and technical processes using standard software tools like Word, Visio, and Excel.
Primary responsibilities of the Business Process Analyst include the following:
(Technical Writing Function) Creates policies, procedures, implantation guidelines and other IT-related documentation. Performs real-time document creation and editing as follows: attends meetings with one or more SME, uses verbal interview and group facilitation skills to collect information from participants, then immediately displays results to guide further discussion
A successful Business Process Analyst will have:
4 year college degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor of Science preferred with 2-3 years professional Business Process experience
Must be able to effectively communicate IT Security concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
Interested candidates please send resumes to Brooksource at firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.