Updated: April 15th, 2014 11:48 AM (MT)
Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
Position title: Senior Technical Communicator
Company name: Micro Motion, Inc.
Job location: Boulder, Colorado
Contract (W2, 1099, Sole Proprietorship, S Corporation, LLC, Partnership)
With minimal supervision, develop, maintain and publish technical content to create installation manuals, configuration manuals, Product Data Sheets (PDSs) and other types of technical documentation to support new product releases and other updates for a global audience. Work with technical resources in multiple departments to become a subject matter expert on our products and content. Author task-based content independently in XML using the DITA data model, defined information architecture guidelines and best practices for reuse across multiple outputs. Proactively provide input into improving the authoring and publishing system and processes, and provide expertise in translation processing and troubleshooting.
Essential job functions:
-Create new and revise existing technical documentation deliverables such as installation manuals, configuration manuals, PDSs, quick start guides and other document types. Acquire and maintain a working knowledge of Micro Motion products and content.
-Using customer personas, scenarios and tasks, create content in topics that are task-focused and set up for reuse using information architecture guidelines. Author and publish XML content using DITA, XMetaL and the CCMS system. Also author content in FrameMaker for PDSs and legacy content.
-Develop and manage schedules for deliverables including appropriate milestones and project deadlines. Scope hours to create content and provide updates to team on project status, issues and/or potential delays in project work.
-Author with an eye towards leveraging content for other customer deliverables such as mobile, apps, online help, videos and other outputs. Follow established guidelines and/or create guidelines.
-Provide input into improving XPoint, such as suggestions for feature improvement, process changes to improve efficiency and style sheet changes.
-Develop and maintain content for delivery to the Online Store.
-Provide proofreading, reviewing and editing assistance to the technical documentation team and other department members.
-Capture best practices for managing content in XPoint, and create and maintain content for the information model.
-Support online marketing initiatives.
-Assist team members in troubleshooting and publishing translated content.
-Perform other duties as assigned.
-Excellent technical writing and communication skills.
-Proven experience working in XML, DITA, XMetaL and some type of CCMS.
-Experience authoring content using a task-based and reuse approach. Ability to analyze how content changes or additions affect the entire library of content.
-Proficiency in FrameMaker, a graphics program such as Illustrator, Visio and Adobe Professional.
-Work independently and also collaboratively with a team of writers and subject matter experts globally.
-Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.
-Skilled at creativity and technical learning, with a customer focus and drive for results.
-Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and changing priorities/deadlines.
-Knowledge of writing for translation and translation experience nice to have.
7-10 years experience as a technical writer.
B.A. or B.S. in English, technical communication or a related field preferred.
Contact Julie Walker at: Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Job Title: Tech Writer (21738)
Job Type: Contract (9 Months)
Location: Denver, CO
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role of the Technical Writer will produce technical documentation for applications, processes and policies related to Information Technology that will enhance the knowledge and efficiencies within the teams. The Technical Writer will create, assimilate and convey technical material in a concise and effective manner.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all-inclusive.
· Ensure the technical verbiage is easy to understand and train technical teammates of varying experience levels
· Write clear and concise policies and procedures
· Responsible for creating and writing various types of user documentation, including how-to guides, references, manuals, cheat sheets, knowledge base articles, policies or instructions
· Provide technical consultation to the business community
· Other related duties as required
· An essential responsibility of all Villageteammates is to comply with all applicable law, rules, regulations, policies, and procedures. We expect all employees to act with the highest ethical standards and integrity
· Associate’s Degree in English or Technical associated field.
· 5+ years of experience in a similar Technical Writer role
· 2-5 years of experience working with Technical teams and IT roles
· Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
· Demonstrated ability to work well with cross-functional groups
· Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels of the company
· Approachable and open
· Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy in responding to phone calls and emails
· Demonstrate a comfort working with highly technical terminology and will be able to self-start and test many areas of his or her own documentation
· Ability to assist customers remotely over the phone using remote control software or in person
· Demonstrated ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals
· Strong systems analysis, problem solving, and design skills
· Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem solving skills
· Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and adjust priorities appropriately in an evolving work environment with shifting time frames; self-starter with high degree of initiative, urgency, and follow through
· Expertise with database reporting and ServiceNow a plus
· Technical experience including MCSE or similar; UNIX, Linux, and web coding a plus
· Proficient with Microsoft Office tools 2010, Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
· Technical experience with SharePoint 2007 / 2013
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATTITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
Commitment to XXX values of Service Excellence, Integrity, Team, Continuous Improvement, Accountability, Fulfillment and Fun with ability to demonstrate those positively and proactively to patients, teammates, management, physicians, and/or vendors (Village Service Partners) in everyday performance and interactions
Fluent in the written and verbal skills necessary to perform successfully the essential functions, duties, and responsibilities of the position.
Please send me the following details:
Updated resume in word format:
Work Authorization status in US:
Pay Rate Expectation:
Best No. to reach you:
Why are you looking for change:
Availability for interview:
Availability to join new project:
Sr. Consultant - Talent Acquisition
A CMMi Level 5 Company
Email Id: Virender.Singh@calance.com
Technical Writer – Temporary, 30-40 hours per week (Dependent on receipt of contract award)
Position Title: Technical Writer
Company Name: SLI Global Solutions
Job Location: Denver, with potential meetings in the northern (Denver) metro area
SLI Global Solutions has an opening for a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Denver. This is a temporary W-2 position, 30-40 hours per week April 28-end of July (may be extended through August). Work will be done in downtown Denver and in the northern metro area; some work may be done remotely but the successful candidate must be available for scheduled meetings (may occur 8-5 or occasional evenings).
Duties and Responsibilities:
Revise and write additional procedures for a government function. Research needs and meet with stakeholders. Gather requirements based on laws, regulations and best practices. Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to identify coverage gaps in current procedures, revise current procedures and write clear, effective procedures for various audiences.
-Five or more years of technical writing experience
-Strong face-to-face communication skills; good listener who facilitates input from stakeholders
-Excellent research skills
-Proven experience writing clear, concise and effective procedures
-Proven experience writing for multiple audiences (includes writing procedures for multiple roles)
-Strong analysis and problem solving skills
-Experience meeting the needs of various stakeholders and gaining consensus among multiple viewpoints
-Flexible schedule: 30-40 hours per week April 28-end of July (may be extended through August)
-Experience preparing requirements drawn from a large volume of source materials
-Experience with election administration or other government functions
-Familiarity with state laws
Interested candidates please send resume and requested hourly rate to Cassandra Pierce at email@example.com for consideration.
Classification: Direct employee
Position Title: Technical Writer Assistant
Company Name: Myriad Genetics, Inc.
Job Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States, 84101
Myriad Genetics is looking for a part-time temporary Tech Writer to join our Clinical Affairs team. We need someone with the strong ability to prioritize multiple assignments.
The role is a temporary position (with the possibility of going full-time permanent in July) and will work 10-20 hours a week.
- Edits material for medical journals, abstracts, and posters. Maintains corporate standards for publications.
- Executes administration duties; maintains records, files, electronic media and archiving of information for publications.
- Selects or recommends use of layouts, graphics, drawings, tables, exhibits, illustrations, charts, for poster publications.
- Audits and reviews publications to determine whether format or content changes/updates are required.
- Remains current on new developments in technical writing, editing, and publishing included technological enhancements which may affect the corporation.
- Prefer a minimum of one - two years editing and/or developing technical or medical, or policies and procedures documents.
- Although willing to consider a new graduate interested in technical writing and editing.
- Bachelor's degree in English, communications, publications will be considered. Prefer a Master Degree in a Science Related Field.
- Possess advanced competency in word processing, spreadsheets, database management, and graphics software.
- Outstanding written communications skills.
- Knowledge of tone, sentence structure, grammar and punctuation.
- Commitment to detail.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/q28yk24