Note: The Rocky Mountain Chapter accepts job postings as a public service to its members. Postings are submitted electronically for a 30-day period. To submit a job for consideration, send a message to the STC RMC jobline. See Submit a Job for details about what information to include and how to format job submissions.
New job listings are available exclusively to chapter members for the first 14 days. After that period, jobs are posted to the Current Jobs page for the remainder of the 30-day period.
JPMorgan Chase has an opening for a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Salt Lake City, UT. This is a contract position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Platform Documentation Team creates technical documentation for JPMorgan Chase Commercial Card’s payments management systems.
The Documentation Team is responsible for producing high-quality documentation, including online help, user guides, release notes, quick reference cards, and video tutorials. As a Technical Writer, you are responsible for creating and maintaining documentation used by JPMorgan Chase’s commercial card clients. You will work closely with platform managers, project managers, product managers, technology managers, other subject matter experts, and your peers on the Platform Documentation team.
The Technical Writer performs the following functions:
-Writes, edits, proofreads, and maintains best-in-class documentation for user guides, online help, release notes, quick reference cards, and video tutorials.
-Reviews both new and existing content for consistency of style and tone per style guide(s).
-Manages documentation projects from start to finish. Creates and maintains project plans, manages multiple deadlines.
-Interfaces with stakeholders and subject matter experts to ensure appropriate reviews and acceptance.
-Maintains and develops efficient workflows and processes to complete projects effectively and on time.
-Creates and formats infographics and presentations that convey ideas, workflows, etc.
-Support new product development. Creates, revises, edits, and formats new product documentation.
-5+ years of technical writing and editing experience.
-Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
-Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and prioritize deliverables.
-Experience writing user guides, step-by-step instructional content, help system content, and other copy.
-Strong experience with MS Office (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
-Strong experience with Adobe Technical Communicator Suite (e.g., Captivate, RoboHelp, FrameMaker).
-Familiarity with style guides (e.g., Chicago Manual of Style).
-College degree in technical writing, English, journalism, or other writing intensive program.
-Strong experience with Adobe CS Design (e.g., InDesign, Acrobat Professional, PhotoShop, Illustrator).
-Experience with single-sourcing using FrameMaker and RoboHelp.
-Experience with MS Project or other Gantt charting/project management software.
-Strong project management skills, including the ability to plan and prioritize multiple projects.
-Strong analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and procedures to improve efficiencies.
-Experience developing and maintaining content using a Content Management System (CMS) (e.g., Documentum).
-Experience writing, creating, and maintaining structured content (e.g., XML, DITA).
Interested candidates please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
LogRhythm is looking for an experienced technical writer that will enable our customers to get the most out of our products by providing them with the “why,” the “how” and the “when.” The technical writer should thrive on collaborating with product management, software engineers, QA engineers, and release managers. The technical writer should desire to build and drive his/her own documentation schedule. This is a full time position located on-site in Boulder, CO.
We are looking for a leader who is interested in optimizing documentation storage, organization, and accessibility. Our expanding products and product line need your expertise so we can continue to receive 5 out of 5-stars ratings from SC Magazine for our user documentation.
At LogRhythm, all of our employees are superheroes involved in the fight against cyber-crime, cyber-warfare, and cyber-espionage. Our products and services are used by some of the largest organizations in the world. We protect the integrity of network security infrastructures–one customer at a time. If you read the headlines every day and wonder how you can make a difference in the fight against cybercrime, then consider coming to work at LogRhythm.
- Plan, write, and maintain user documentation for complex enterprise software.
- Author product help with Madcap Flare.
- Maintain a multi-project document schedule to release documentation with software releases.
- Translate complex concepts into easily understandable language.
- Develop technical content for a variety of advanced users and administrators.
Who You Are
- Skillful: You have demonstrated proficiency in utilizing single-source help authoring applications (e.g. Madcap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp) to produce help in multiple formats.
- Tools Savvy: You are a Microsoft Word ninja and are comfortable with other Microsoft Office applications. You can bang out a flowchart with Visio in no time flat.
- Thorough: You are able to write clear and concise customer documentation from internal engineering specifications.
- Inquisitive: You do not shy away from installing and running software yourself to see how it works.
- Autonomous: On your own, you can build short-term and long-term documentation plans and execute them with proficiency.
- Creative and Analytical, but Process-Oriented: You can devise new ways to get things accomplished, and understand the need for consistency in releasing software documentation.
- Collaborative: You enjoy working in the ultimate cross-functional environment, learning from others and collectively sharing accomplishments with others. In fact, you would not accept a position that offered anything less.
- Ambitious: You are excited about joining and growing within an awesome company where you are making a real difference to customers and their business.
- Driven: You know those documents are not going to write themselves.
- Efficient: You ensure projects are completed on-time, to-budget with the highest technical expertise and professionalism, while maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Degreed: You have relevant education that lines up with the work (e.g. B.S. or M.S. in Technical Communications or Technical Writing).
Interested candidates please apply online at:
Our client has an opening for a Technical Writer. This opportunity is located in Greenwood Village, CO, USA. This is a full time consulting position for 6+ months.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provides technical documentation which may include the following: engineering documentation including standards, design documentation, implementation and configuration guidelines, test plans and results, procedural and general reference documents, as well as all common methods documentation. Creates online documentation by using technical methodologies and tools.
Interested candidates please send resumes to Envision, Technical Recruiter, Kerrie Starr at email@example.com for consideration.